Thursday, September 27, 2007

I have some of the best friends ever. My kitchen is wrapped in plastic because the sky (ceiling) is falling and my kids have been living off of cold cereal, Nutella and an occasional bowl of dusty pasta.

Which is why I especially appreciated it when my dear friend Jane called just now, "I'm a Costco and I'm going to bring you a couple of their chickens for dinner tonight for your family."

Bless you friend Jane!

I'm a lucky girl.

Oh and talk about Cheers! It's been a long and hard week and I was having a particularly long and bad day at work yesterday. I ran home for a minute and happened to pick up the mail. There amongst the bills and junk mail was a bright and cheery card from Queen Scarlett with a happy "Cheers!" scrawled across the back and a giftcard to Starbucks. That simple gesture undid a whole week's worth of uncheer!

Thanks for the thoughtfulness and the impeccable timing, Queen!

No comments: