Rain. Glorious, cloud-bursting rain. I was just about to get out of my car and start dancing in it with Lorien's kids but then there was a big clap of thunder. So I stayed in. But celebrated just the same.
The best part (well, except for the way it broke K~'s heart to miss his first baseball game) was the rain-out status of the game du jour. That meant for one night I could be home if I wanted to be.
I love a rainy day!
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wish we had rain. But I am grateful for a swamp cooler that works and makes the house comfortable. The cooler, itself, is beyond simple, but that is beside the point.
And with the sunshine and heat the tomatoes are getting big, so that is the silver lining of the red-hot poker of weather...
Vine-ripened tomatoes are most definitely a silver lining.
I was on a bus full of Provo High Advanced Women when it started. There is nothing in the world quite like the sound of a bus full of women in a hailstorm.
Is an Advanced Woman one who doesn't do dishes or laundry? Or one who can fertilize, gestate, and birth all on her own? Or one who knows the difference between affect and effect?
Anxiously awaiting...
I threw open all the windows and breathed deeply. When the rain beats like that, my lavender sends out wonderful fragrant assurances: Storm is good.
(How'd your soapmaking go?)
la yen--you crack me up. These women are advanced in oh so many ways...
geo--some success, one not so much. It has to cure for 3-4 weeks before I'll know for sure. But I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment