Things I have loved of late:
How Suze wanted to help make the pies for our annual re-Thanksgiving the Sunday after. She did a good job, too. I'm going to have to start keeping pie ingredients on hand because she wanted to bake another one this afternoon.
How K~has become Decorator in Chief around our house. He did an awesome job with Halloween and has been a super helper with Christmas as well. In fact, he's just been a super helper, also pitching in for the big turkey dinner and peeling ALL the potatoes.
Luke telling me how this girl he likes reminds him somewhat of me because she likes to read good books and also telling me (upon my appreciating his gratitude for the little things), "Thanks, I got that from you."
That Shane put in a new faucet for the kitchen when the old one fell apart and also hooking up a warming light for my chickens.
How everyone seems to be making extra efforts to keep the house in relative order.
How my co-workers keep inviting us to their parties even though we are old enough to be parents of most of them and even though our lives are, in many ways, worlds apart. Being greeted with a hug at the grocery store at at one such party, in true pleasure at my presence. I love the people with whom I work. It's nice that they love me back.
How Karolyn made me cry today when she mentioned while bearing her testimony how Zack had challenged her family to read a page of the Book of Mormon each day so they could be done by the time he gets home.
The sweetest angel-faces in the world gazing up at me with rapt attention as I told the junior Primary children how prophets had testified of Jesus' birth and assured them He knows and love them each one.
Catching up with Robin--one of my former young women from almost 20 years ago. I love seeing how happy she is and hearing more about the miracle this past year has brought her.
Lil's quilts and friendship and early-morning rides to the gym.
Nancy's consistency as a walking partner--come rain or snow and as a friend--in days dark or sunny.
My long-lost and much-missed friend Sue being spontaneous enough to join me for a Costco run now that we can't ride to the lake together each week.
Melody's perfect timing--calling me for a show, lunch, a trip to the art museum. Perfect times, perfect places, perfect days.
Not having to cook dinner today--especially after two days of cooking last week--and now having a roast leftover in the fridge for a nice dinner tomorrow night!
Spending time making Christmas for my missionary. I think he will love it, but even if he didn't there was so much love and joy in the making. It truly is better to give than receive.
Sunday, December 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment