A text from my daughter while we were at a doctor's appointment that was much longer than we expected. "Do you guys need anything?"
I get to work and my boss (who had, when I told him I would be late today, replied, "Don't worry about work if you need to be with your family") informed me they moved the office party until tonight instead of last night because they weren't sure I'd be able to go last night.
A friend I only met while her mother--a former coworker and friend--was suffering and dying from breast cancer (I've only met her in real life twice and once was at her mother's end-of-life celebration) messages me her number via Words With Friends. In case I need anything.
The way my brothers randomly text me to see if I'm OK. And thank me for being there for Mom. My sister does that too, of course, but that's expected. :)
And this, which words won't do justice, but it's the best I could capture at the moment:
The tall thin blonde hooked up to some infusion or another in the chemo room. She stopped and grabbed my arm on her way out. She wanted me to know the value of my presence here today.
She told me briefly about how when we was diagnosed with MS having her husband by her side was such a blessing. She had noticed as I held mom's things, took care of the papers they kept handing her and told me how having someone by her side to handle the little things is no small thing and that I couldn't know how much it meant but that it was meaningful and a blessing. Someone to take care of the details.
She may have mentioned angels--and I wasn't sure if she was talking about me being an angel or about angels attending me and my mom for at that moment she herself was an angel. She said Heavenly Father was blessing me and my family at this time. I asked her if I could give her a hug and she said yes so I did and we hugged and I felt loved and blessed in a supernal way by our brief encounter.
No comments:
Post a Comment