Monday, February 26, 2007

These make me feel so happy inside!" Aren't they the best peeps ever?!

Well, besides my real peeps, that is. Friends new and old who choose to find me and leave a comment or two on this my blog less traveled by. Geo, who takes the time to not only read, but also to comment on my archived posts.


Other thoughts: Here is something I love about my difficult but darling daughter. Babies and puppies LOVE her! Both will squeal with delight, run into her arms and love her, as well as receive her love, without inhibition. And sometimes follow her home.

The black lab hung around for three days. I can only hope she has returned home and not been sent to the pound by a neighbor. (Note to self: remember to check in with the pound before too long, because the thought of something that has loved my daughter so freely and brought her so much joy being euthanized breaks my heart.)


After an FHA (Family Home Argument) that started out very much like an argument, mingled with scripture, feeling the love and harmony--however fleeting--return. Hearing the three oldest join in song, even if it was "Electric Avenue." And sharing peeps--two each of green chicks and yellow bunnies--my 15-year-old son (who also gave the monotone lesson) picked out for treats.

3 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

You can also call it FFN (Family Fight Night). We had one of those on Sunday. Not fun.

I love reading this road less travelled. Your posts make me sigh contentedly.

pflower10 said...

B LOVES PeePs. She always wants to get them when we are at the store. I think she is the only one in my little family that actually eats them.

I'll let B know that she has a PEEP friend in you and yours.

love.boxes said...

I loved this post. I was so impressed one day with a family of boys that live in my neighborhood, it seemed as I was teaching in primary that these boys knew all the answers. I was thinking what a wonderful home they come from and how well their parents are doing... so I told their dad what I was thinking when I saw him next. He looked at me shocked and said that FHE consists of his boys beating on each other wrestling and name calling. I just laughed and said, "Whatever you're doing, keep it up because it's working." :)