Saturday, February 02, 2008

Today I am thankful for family. We missed the funeral broadcast in order to attend my niece's baptism. After the baptism we met at my brother's house for lunch. My brother picked up his only little girl and had her look around the room at all the family and friends gathered round to show their love and support and told her to remember them and know that they were all there for her.

There have been countless times during which I have had family and friends gathered around to love and support me and my family. When I am feeling down and discouraged (as I was this morning when the should-be simple act of getting my kids ready and to the church on time was overwhelmingly depressing and disheartening) I need to remember there are people who love me and my "kids-with-attitude." I know they are pulling for us and I need to simply keep trying.

2 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

Just simply being there for one another is one of the most beautiful acts of love I know.

Thank you.

Geo said...

Very dear. You are. This is.

I was in the temple in Manti that day watching one of my kids get sealed to his very pregnant wife. We listened to most of the funeral on our drive south. The ancient of days who performed the sealing ceremony talked and talked beforehand. At about the time that President Hinckley's graveside service was happening, the sealer said some things about him, and I swear, there was a great los sound outside, like a rumble or a long boom, and the massive chandelier began to shake and make glassy music. It was pretty interesting. It continued to tremble for a while after that. Made it a little hard for me to concentrate.