Monday, January 28, 2008

You can read my tribute to our beloved leader, President Gordon B. Hinckley here, but I need to write about how I feel about my son's tribute.

Just yesterday my second oldest was expressing to me his extreme dislike of church clothes. He hates feeling all choked up with a buttoned up shirt and tie. I empathized and told him it was OK by me if he undid the top button and kept it covered by his tie and loosened his tie a bit so he could breath.

This morning at 6:20 he was bolting out the door for early morning seminary. I noticed he was wearing a white shirt and tie again. I told him he looked niced and asked him what was the special occasion. "To show respect for President Hinckley," was his reply.

Somewhere in the late hours of the evening last night as the news spread, young people around our state got the word out to each other to wear best dress in honor of President Hinckley.

Appreciating now more than ever what a sacrifice it was for this son makes that gesture even more touching to my heart.

3 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

Very touching.

Geo said...

I'm choked up.

dalene said...

I was too, really.