If you can't tell by the frequency of my posts (meaning there is little else I feel well enough to do), I'm sick again. I'm ready to be so over this. Again.
But on the bright side...there are some happy things:
Luke's occasional doing of the dishes
Z~ picking up groceries, especially the much-craved orange juice
L~ being mostly cheerful, even in the morning (and making it to jazz band--at some point--every day this week)
K~ being mostly patient even though I'm not a good mom right now. At least I have the basics down--hugs and cuddles morning and night
Shane taking the kids shopping for baseball and softball cleats and doing the early morning drop-off for jazz band this week so I could rest a little
Melody indulging me with a salad from Cafe Rio and a good visit last night
a half-day of PTO today that will (hopefully) help me recover over the weekend
being able to say "no" to visiting teaching, scouts and a couple of other obligations (as well as, sadly, a couple of things I really wanted to do)
sunshine after snow
and still--blossoms, ducks and Puffs plus with lotion
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate that you are feeling so crummy. Would you like to come and spa in my magic bathtub?
Oh geo. You have tapped into one of my very favorite sources of comfort and joy.
In our old little house there were many things that were much too small. But in the master bath, which was so small you could go to the bathroom, take a bath and brush your teeth while standing over the sink all at the same time (not that you would have wanted to, but if you did), there was a deep oval tub.
You have too understand, during my whole childhood I watched my mother take long hot baths and I always wondered why. Being a shower girl myself, I couldn't see the allure.
Then when I was pregnant with K~, I had three young kids and a husband who worked an awful lot and my life was a little stressful. The only room in the house with a lock on it was the master bathroom.
And so I learned about the wonders of a deep tub full of Bath & Body Works bubble bath, a sanctuary with dimmed lights and a flickering candle. And I took advantage of the therapeutic effects of such on one's soul.
That and the sandbox are the only things I miss about my old house.
Post a Comment