On a night when I am reeling from the cumulative effects of a number of painful experiences (long stories--don't ask) which have made me take a cold hard look at myself and which led me to decide I need to be more picky about how I invest my time and efforts, and on which I went to my husband's mission reunion instead of my own because it felt more "safe" but I couldn't help but wonder if I was making a mistake, I received the following e-mail:
Hey missed you at the reunion. I hoped you had changed
your mind. It was fun and the food was out of this
world. The hotel was so fancy and beautiful.
I wish you had come. You would have remembered so many
people, and lots would have remembered you.
I'll try and call you Sat. to talk and tell you all
about it.
You were my favorite comp, you know that right? Ok,
lots of love, Sis. XXX
I cannot begin to tell you how much this meant to me. I can only say it was just what I needed.
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But I WANT to ask.
Thank you for inviting me to the post-privatization party.
I'm sorry for the pain I read between your lines here, but glad and thankful for the friend who wrote you that loving, acknowledging note.
I love you.
You have done that for me, you know.
Thank you both. The handful of people who've been invited here are those who--like both of you--have done that for me as well.
Post a Comment