Monday, November 19, 2007

A short work week.

The signs I see that my daughter is growing up and beginning to take repsonsibility for herself. She's made it a goal to be in bed on school nights before 9:00. That really is a perfect goal for a tween. On most days she's very good about it. I'll find myself in the middle of the usual crazy stuff and all of sudden wonder where she is (and why it's significantly quieter--unless, of course she's hollering at us to be more quiet). Then I'll peek in her room and find her fast asleep--usually with all the lights still on. I'm proud of her for recognizing her need for adequate sleep and her ability to make herself get what she needs. It really makes a difference.

Jane Stewart's homemade jam. It is a bad thing my family has downed an entire pint in less than 24-hours? They say man cannot live by bread alone, but if the bread is from Great Harvest Bread Co. and I had an endless supply of Jane's jam I bet I could make it.

A record warm November (pray for snow pray for snow pray for snow). I'm enjoying every glorious second of it.

Giving thanks.

No comments: