Saturday, January 12, 2008

I think I liked it better when I was looking for and posting about something every day.

Over the past week the following things have made my days a little bit brighter:


Waking up to a the calming quiet of heavy snowfall one day. From a meager window in our office I could watch as it kept falling for hours. When I finally left, however, the sky was the most brilliant blue--made brighter by its contrast against the snow.

The funny part of that story is that as I was leaving the building I commented to a woman who was coming back in on how beautiful the day had become. She agreed and remarked on the extremely fresh air. The irony? She was returning from her smoking break.

I'm grateful that irony still makes me smile.


For at least one month I have been successful in at least one of my goals this year. While Elder Richard G. Scott spoke to us during the reorganization of our stake he mentioned how because of our proximity to the temple it is easy for little things to get in our way of attending. Oh how I know this is true. This month I did not let that happen. And it's early enough in the month I might even go back. That feels good.


Big hugs and warm cuddles.


Hot chocolate.


Yesterday afternoon I was on the phone catching up with a favorite friend when we both noticed out the window the beautiful snowflakes. I believe they were the largest and most fluffy snowflakes I've ever seen. They didn't stick around long, but just watching them was an experience.


Saturdays off. Well, "off" is relative. I'm still working hard at my non-paid job at home. But it's good to have a day to get things done.


My family. We've got problems, worries, struggles and heartbreaks. But we've also got each other. There are moments amidst the mayhem that sometimes is our life that I know and feel the significance of family. Sometimes I think that's one of the only things keeping me from flying off this swiftly tilting planet.

1 comment:

Am'n2Deep said...

I noticed the beautiful blue sky against the white mountain tops as well. It was so beautiful.

Almost as beautiful as having a family to hold on to when all else seems to fail.