Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sometimes the best part of my day is having an 80-lb. 8-year-old climb onto my lap, wrap his arms around me and snuggle his head under my chin.

I'm going to miss that, especially in another 8 years when I gaze up at his 6-foot+ gangling (no, it's not really a verb, but it works for me) way over my head and wonder where the time went.

3 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

I look at my littlest all the time and wonder about that. It makes my heart sink.

Cari said...

Yeah, my little "cuddle bunny" is 6' 3" now and it's all I can do to get a hug these days! *sigh* Time definitely flies by.

david mcmahon said...

I'm a Dad of three and I identify whole-heartedly with you.

But let me assure you that gentle, loving kids grow up into gentle, loving adults.

'Tis true. I know. I'm a Dad, remember!!