Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday:

A sweet single mom of seven who noticing how my face had fallen as I arrived late for my youngest son's Christmas singing told me it was all OK. I'd done my best and my best was good enough. She even gave me a hug. I'd really been OK about it until that point and then I wanted to cry.

My sweet husband who let said son show me the pictures and video.

Said sweet son who was forgiving and totally cool about it and even gave me solo renditions of most of his repertoire.

Dear friend Melody who gave me lavender and silk and made me feel like a queen.

Dear sav-ed daughter who just now apologized for having told me stories about not having YW tonight so she could go play night games with a friend but who did come mostly willingly when I caught on and sent her dad to fetch her. Although she told me she didn't want to go sing to old people she went anyway. As she entered the house and walked up the stairs I motioned for her to come toward me so I could give her a hug and she thought it was for the apology. I got both the hug and the apology and then I got to see photos of the ever elusive LeRoy Brown boy she likes.

Staying in tonight. Still trying to fight off this cough and headache.

Slippers.

And did I mention the silk lavender eye pillow?

Heaven!!!





Tuesday:

Did I mention the funny bad smell I came home to last night?

Well this morning I got the rest of the story.

And so I am thankful for angels watching over my darling and only daughter.

Here's what happened:

In a blatant display of unsupporting siblingness my two middle children did not come up with their dad to hear the concert in SLC last night.

Which meant that after babysitting, L~ was home alone.

She got a little hungry and decided to make herself some cream of chicken soup.

And then she got distracted by the computer (hmmm...where did she get that from?) and completely forgot about it.

Fortunately my husband called her while on his way home to see if she was hungry.

At the thought of food she remembered the soup and ran into the kitchen in just enough time to take it off the burner before it caught on fire. But the entire contents of the soup can is burnt black and hard onto the bottom of the pan.

I'm pretty sure if my husband hadn't called when he did you'd be reading about us in the paper tonight.

And it would have been very sad.

Thank you angels.

5 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

Thank you angels, indeed! I'm so glad everything turned out as it did. Love you!

Am'n2Deep said...

Oh, you've added Wednesday!

Don't you just love it when things don't work out as we had planned or wanted, and then end up being perfect just the way they turned out?

So heartwarming...

dalene said...

Yes I do. That's one of the reasons I write this blog so I can recognize and appreciate those moments. Love you!

Geo said...

Yes, thank you to guardians who care. I guess we all keep them pretty busy.

Oh, feel better, you!

Jillybean said...

I'ts scary to think what might have hapened, but so glad things turned out OK.
A few years ago, my kids learned that if you forget to put water in the macaroni that you are cooking in the microwave, it will burst into flames, melt your favorite Tupperware bowl, and fill the house with a nasty smell.
We now have a rule, that there is to be no cooking of anything without a parent around.
Jill