Thursday, December 06, 2007

Today the flooring manager at R.C. Willey came to my home in a business suit and got down on his hands and knees and cleaned the black tar marks off my new hardwood floor. That pretty much made up for all the non-returned phone calls. And then when I gathered my energy to discuss the bill he told me it was taken care of and that there would be no charges for the moldings and trim.

Huge blessing--to the tune of more than a couple hundred dollars.

I am thankful for resolution and for saving big bucks right before Christmas.




I love jazz! Tonight I attended a fabulous concert featuring Wayne Bergeron, PHS Jazz Band and the UVSC (UVU) Jazz Ensemble. (So essentially my son got to accompany a big band trumpet player.) There were some amazing solos and the sound was fine and I had a great time! I'm half tempted to take up the piano again just so I can pound my heart out. That sounds like a good New Year's resolution, don't you think?

3 comments:

Geo said...

Oh, yes, do! I went to our empty church last Sunday night and played the chapel piano for a long time. It's been months and months since I did that. I sounded like I was wearing boxing gloves, but it was good therapy. Yes! Pound away!

Am'n2Deep said...

How I wish I would have known you would be at the concert! I was too! My hubby supervised and invited me to go at the last minute. I was feeling quite depressed, and the night completely raised my vibration! It was wonderful! They just looked like they were having so much fun and it was contageous.

dalene said...

Geo--good for you and yes, I really should.

am'n2deep--I wish I'd have known that you would be there as well. I really want to meet you. And in case you were wondering my Z~ was the bari sax player with the pale purple shirt and the look of complete disinterest on his face, but he really had a better time than it appeared.