It's not that I wasn't thankful yesterday. I was busy.
11-21
I am thankful for the opportunity to show my love through service.
11-22
Today I am thankful for home and family.
And for the opportunity to pray for those who are suffering hard times.
And for yet another beautiful fall day.
And for the opportunity to pray for rain.
On a lighter side, I'm really thankful someone else took my daughter to see Twilight so I don't have to.
And for really good homemade bread.
And a good (at least what I hope will be good) football game to listen to while I fold mountains of laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometime we'll have to have a chat about Twilight. I read the first two books and stopped. I saw the movie Friday because Dh's boss took us to see it. I have chosen to not post about it because there are some intense Twilight fans in my ward who read my blog and I don't want to offend anybody on something so trivial--and it would be taken poorly. I don't think you'd "lower" yourself if you ever decided to read them. But I don't think they're all that big of a deal. The plot was clever and fun, but I hated that the intense emotions of a sixteen year old girl were portrayed as valid. But I think I'm not even saying that right. Anyway, I'm rambling.... Glad you didn't have to see it. I heard that if you hadn't read the book, it really lacked. Having read the book, it was fun until the thing about her age just started bugging me all over again.
Yes we should chat. My reluctance is not even so much directed at Twilight as it is a reluctance to jump on the bandwagon. I just don't get into anything that's really hyped up. I want to run away in the other direction for some reason.
Avoiding the bandwagon. That's part of why I never read Harry Potter or Work and the Glory. Though I hear the former is at least a pretty good read. Isn't it funny why we do (or don't do) certain things?
Post a Comment