This afternoon (after mailing a big box of silly stuff from America to my boy in England for Christmas) I donned my gardening gloves and grabbed a rake and headed over to the vast parking lot at our church. Our ward gathered there to do a fall clean-up. It was such a beautiful day--still warm enough for shirt sleeves--and the sky, in particular, was so lovely.
I usually fail to notice all the lovely trees that surround and dot the landscape of the parking lot (unless I am looking for a shady spot to park).
Those trees have lots of leaves.
(And only about half of them have fallen.)
But it was a great time. It felt good to enjoy the weather, be with friends who are like family to me, and do a bit of service.
I felt thankful and blessed to participate.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment