Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oops--I missed a day. Here's for yesterday:

I was grateful I didn't have to go to Costco by myself. Stores like Costco and Lowes and Home Depot (no, I have not yet been to IKEA) completely overwhelm me by their magnitude and the sheer amount of stuff. Lately I am overwhelmed by stuff.

Additionally, I'm happy that my home is a place in which at my kids' friends are comfortable just to hang out. They know they are welcome to join us for dinner, family prayer or whatever. They know they are loved. (It's a bit sad that not all of my kids want their friends at our home--I think some are allergic to younger siblings--but it makes me feel good that at least some know they are welcome.)

2 comments:

Geo said...

If you ever do go to Ikea, take my advice and after the upper, go to the cafeteria and eat Swedish meatballs and sweets before trying to do the Marketplace, or you WILL have a meltdown.

dalene said...

Excellent advice. Thank you!