my morning wake-up call from the birds outside my bedroom window
blossom time - I have three flowering plums that are already in full glory and a crabapple that is about to burst forth in bounteous blossoms. I can almost taste the jelly that will be had...(from the crabapple, not the flowering plums)
baby quail roaming in my backyard...and the front yard...and the street...
blogging when I want and what I want and without obligation
the wild ducks that have settled in across the street (interestingly enough, at the home of the city water director--I am amused). I hope they stay. L~ hopes they have babies because she wants one. She plans to name it Ducky.
rain, blessed pollen smothering rain
a good supply of Puffs with lotion
the arrival of two shipments of essential oils for my soap-making adventure that's about to begin (all I need now is a good scale, a great pair of gloves, some nerve and the lye--I'm still a bit afraid of the lye)
some good hanging out time with my kids last night. It's becoming more rare that we are all together and with softball/baseball and the entire month of May coming up it will seem like almost never. I enjoy it when it happens and when everyone is in a decent mood.
rediscovering Monk. My daughter found it on network television last weekend and I reveled in it. So when I finally had a few hours yesterday to slow down and try to get well I watched it on the computer. I love that there is someone out there more messed up than I am and I love all that is both sweet and sad about this character. I also love that this is a show I can watch with my kids. I could probably watch it with my grandmother, too.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a good scale. It's an Ikea special. Would you like to try it?
I would love to borrow it. Thank you. Today was going to be soapmaking day, but now it will be "resting so I don't miss the prom promenade" day. Maybe next weekend.
Thanks again!
Post a Comment