Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today I am especially grateful I have kept this little side blog as a place to notice, record and give thanks for those sometimes subtle but sweet blessings it might be easy to overlook or take for granted. I know that recognizing our blessings is especially important right now.

The closer it got to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday (our alleged--once we got there the receptionist informed us she didn't have us down for that day, but I had none of that and she worked us in--appointment with the surgeon in which we were supposed to get the results of the MRI and CT scan), the sicker we felt. I cannot even describe it. I had been trying to remain hopeful and have faith, but I really just wanted to throw up.

I could tell Shane felt even worse than I did.


I had no idea how we would be able to endure the usually long wait at the office.


For some reason I decided to run home from work for a second before I headed down to meet Shane at the doctor's office. As I drove up to house I saw a box at my door.

It was the box I have been quite impatiently waiting for long before it was even sent.

A box full of pictures from Luke.


We ended up waiting an hour and a half to go back to the exam room.

The 600 photos on 3 CDs pulled us through until they ran out about 8 long minutes before the doctor entered to give us the news.


All this time I had been so impatient and then I realized the pictures were supposed to arrive exactly when they did--just when we needed them the most.

No comments: