Sunday, March 02, 2008

You may have noticed the apparent demise of compulsive writer. Oh I know, the layover link says "compulsive writer has been suspended" (suspended? I haven't been anything close to suspended since jr. high), but I can't help but wonder. What happened? I don't know. Where is my blog? I don't know. Will I get reinstated? Will I ever see my archives again? Oh please yes. But I really don't know. In the meantime, I have no place to call home except this. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Please. It would be a crying shame to lose almost an entire year's worth of journaling. Not to mention the drafts for both compulsive writer and Segullah. I'm trying not to think about it, but sending some positive energy my way certainly won't hurt. I thank you.

Regards,

CW

10 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Phew! I found you!

Am'n2Deep said...

Done.

dalene said...

My fabulous and very kind web designer friend is working on it now. I might be up and running again by tomorrow afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed still I get all my archives and drafts back.

I know, there are other, real problems in the world, but this is important to me.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you linked to this from Millie's blog. I have been checking on you all day. So sad. Hope it all comes back. And I would be sick, too. It's great to have web friends.

dalene said...

Thanks for commenting girls. I seriously thought, "Here I fell off the face of the planet and no one even noticed!" You all made my day!

Till tomorrow!

b. said...

Ugh!!!
This is not good, C-dub....not good at all!
I'm sorry I didn't make you feel any better, it's just that.....DANG!! It better be all back in its proper place soon!

dalene said...

b. you're so fine. I'm trying really hard not to expect I will ever see it again so I won't be disappointed. But guess what? Every time I think about how I will feel if I never see it again--you know, sort of to prepare myself--I get a little sick. I don't mean the silly stuff and the snarky stuff, but the stuff about my kids? Birthday tributes. Reflections. The things they said. Oh, I just can't go there.

b. said...

Ok, wait.....I just re-read this post.
It says to send positive energy your way...

Your blog is simply having a rest, that's all.
It is lying in the arms of a blog goddess somewhere being sung a beautiful lullaby over and over and over. It is, from time to time, being taken gently from those loving arms and receiving a nice massage in a room-dimly lit with candles-and readying itself for more of your powerful, inspiring, mixed with just the right amount of humor, very much needed insight.

How's that? (don't gag)(although I might have thrown up a little myself)

b. said...

ps. or in the arms of a blog god--whichever it prefers...

Cari said...

If all else fails, you can recover your posts off Google's cache. After I deleted my blog I went into major panic thinking, "Why didn't I save it first!" I did find it on google but you need to save asap because it's only on for a short time. I waited too long and only got six months of the two years worth of posts saved. So I'm in mourning again.

But...

you didn't delete yours so it will all be figured out and be up and running soon. (You've got to think positive!)