Bribery 101:
Last night, well after dusk, L~ was begging someone to go have a catch with her. She is a budding softball star and lives, eats and breathes softball now.
It was already quarter to nine.
I had been begging everyone all week to go clean the downstairs so Z~ can have friends over for his birthday.
So I stopped doing the dishes (which have never been fully caught up since the beginning of April) and made L~ a deal. "I'll come play catch with you for five minutes if you will immediately go downstairs and help clean the family room until 9:00."
She enthusiastically agreed.
What she didn't realize is that I came out on the best end of both sides of that deal. I got to play catch with my daughter. (I'd forgotten how much I loved to play softball. And my daughter can be a lot of fun to be around when she wants to be.) And the family room is clean (well, after a fashion).
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was a great way to usher in May Day!
Post a Comment