L~'s prayer:
You have to know that L~ likes to say family prayer and she likes to say it fast. In fact, she is quite the expert in what I like to call speed-praying. I've noted of late that she has slowed down her pace just a little. If you listen really closely you can actually make out the words. The following is and excerpt of what I heard last night.
Please bless *the caterpillars that they'll be OK even though one of them is cocooning from a leaf.
Please bless Stephanie and...um...everyone else who was on the plane.
Please bless Luke that he will write really soon.
...Amen
*Luke used to raise Monarch caterpillars. They've been scarce in recent years, but we happened to find two eggs a few weeks ago and we waited and watched as they hatched, kept them stalked with fresh milkweed every day, and have been anticipating their morphing into chrysalides and then butterflies. It is fitting that on the day Luke left us for his mission both caterpillars slowly worked their way to the top of the jar and on this day, the day he arrived in England and entered the MTC they are creating their respective chrysalides.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THAT is AWESOME!!
You are taking photos, yes? That is so great.
That is so beautiful...I love butterflies.
What a sweet prayer. I love Monarchs.
Post a Comment